Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Semi-Launching Post!



Welcome!
Hello there everyone! I'm Brian, also known as kpenguin (that is "kpenguin"with a lowercase "k") on "teh intarwebz". Welcome to the launch of The Musings of a Penguin ... sort of. Since I won't be trying to plug this to anyone until I get a good amount of posts in, no one should be reading this until it's obsolete. If you're reading this before then, you're a bit early.

Who are You?
Well, you see, I'm the last son of the dying planet Penguin, come to Earth when my birth father sent me here as a baby in a spaceship. I was then adopted by billionaire parents and raised by them until they were gunned down in front of me at the tender age of nine. While in the cemetery mourning my parents, I discovered an escaped convict who, upon my helping him, would later return to give me a great boost in life. As if that weren't enough, I was bitten by a radioactive penguin which...

Seriously, Who are You?
I'm an 18 year old student in that strange transition period between high school and college. I enjoy science fiction and fantasy, the accumulation of knowledge in general, tabletop roleplaying games, arguments over the trivial, food, and the musical stylings of Jonathan Coulton. Far more dull than the above fiction, isn't it? If you haven't guessed, I'm a bit of a nerd. Go ahead, ask how nerdy I am.

How Nerdy are You?
I'm so nerdy I abandoned my Senior Prom to run a game of Dungeons & Dragons. I'm so nerdy that I'm age 18 and have never been in a romantic relationship. I'm so nerdy that the real reason I don't wear contacts is because I think glasses are a far better look on me. I'm so nerdy that I not only know what the word "pedant" means, but I take it as a compliment. I'm so nerdy that I feel compelled to list how nerdy I am.

So, What's All This Then?
Well, you see, some silly classmates of mine suggested I start up a blog. Apparently I'm interesting enough that some would read it, as insane as that is. I don't have a clue as to what my focus will be. There will likely be some nerdy ramblings, world building diaries, scathing reviews, and showing off of some of my ugly drawings. You have been warned.

Are You Quite Done Yet?
Yes, yes I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment